Stay Safe, Shop Local
we’ve missed you
Shops and businesses began re-opening across the Borough of Kettering from 15thJune – with work taking place to promote social distancing and safe shopping. You’re currently able to visit non-essential retail including shops selling clothes, shoes, toys, furniture, books, and electronics, if they can prove to ensure shoppers are safe. Find out more.
Please also be aware that not all stores will be able to open straight away, we urge you to check their websites / social media regularly in order to find the latest information relating to individual opening times.
When visiting our town centres, it’s important that you’re following the latest social distancing guidance to help keep yourself, your loved ones and the rest of the community safe and healthy.
- STAY APART from people not from your household
- WASH YOUR HANDS regularly or use hand sanitiser
- PAY BY CONTACTLESS or with your smartphone
You’ll find safer queue management systems in place, including floor stickers and new entrances/exits, plus regularly disinfected high contact areas, such as bins and benches
Parking is currently FREE in all Kettering Borough Council car parks.
REMINDER: From now on, you must wear a face covering by law in the following settings:
- public transport
- indoor transport hubs (airports, rail and tram stations and terminals, maritime ports and terminals, bus and coach stations and terminals)
- shops and supermarkets (places which are open to the public and that wholly or mainly offer goods or services for retail sale or hire)
- indoor shopping centres
- banks, building societies, and post offices (including credit unions, short-term loan providers, savings clubs and money service businesses)
For more information and national guidance on #coronavirus, visit:www.gov.uk/coronavirus
For updates on our newly reopened town centres, visit:www.thisiskettering.com/reopening
#StaySafe #ShopLocal #Kettering
Markets are back!
Markets are back! This week’s markets have been held on Kettering Market Place, where they remain until further notice, to ensure stalls are not blocking the high street and have more space. We are not currently charging for market stalls and have helped all traders set up hand sanitation stations.
Join us for the Virtual Summer Playschemes…
Steve the Magician has put on a new show for the whole family! So make sure you visit:
to view a host of magic tricks that you can enjoy from the comfort of your own home
All play areas and outdoor gyms operated by Kettering Borough Council are now open!
All of the sites have been cleansed and signs are in place advising how to use the areas safely, which includes:
- Using hand sanitiser before and after using equipment and avoid touching face and mouth whilst using equipment
- Maintaining social distancing
- Maximum number of recommended persons on the site at any one time
- Avoid using equipment at busy times
When enjoying the outdoor play areas and gyms, always follow the Government’s national guidance and remember the following:
- If anyone in your family are showing symptoms of Covid-19 you do not use the play area, please follow Government advice regarding self-isolation
- Only one adult/guardian should accompany a child within the play area, and children should be supervised
- At busy times please limit your time at the play area to allow others the opportunity to use the site
- Do not eat or drink in the play / gym area
- Some pieces of equipment may have been removed to assist in complying with social distancing
- You are using this play and gym equipment at your own risk
Calling all local talent!
We’re looking for local street entertainers, musicians, buskers, dancers, acrobats & more to entertain visitors in our newly reopened town centres within the Borough of Kettering!
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please contact: email@example.com
Virtual Health and Wellbeing Festival
Our health and wellbeing festival has moved online this year, so you can join in from the comfort of your own home. Check out the range of activities and sessions you can try as well as lots of information about health and wellbeing and who can help locally.
A new piece of public art by local artist Catherine Matthews has been installed on Gold Street in Kettering as part of the Council’s ongoing campaign to reinvigorate the town […]
Here’s the second of our new series of videos focusing on local businesses. This video is of Toy Box Kettering, the lovely little toy shop based on Market Street. Toy Box […]
Play areas, outdoor gyms and skateparks operated by Kettering Borough Council are set to reopen over the next few days. With over 40 sites to open we are working to […]
With government regulations set to change on 4th July to allow the reopening of pubs and restaurants, we’ve looked into which venues in borough of Kettering are planning on opening, […]